As we reflect on the tragic anniversary of the 9/11 acts of terrorism, the mood is somber. Each one of us remembers where we were 20 years ago today, and even though the pain has lost some of its sting, it’s still there. Time doesn’t heal all wounds, unfortunately. We will never forget.
Yet the world keeps turning. I have turned to dancing for comfort for even more than 20 years, and it does help. So does the company of good friends. Ray arrives this afternoon to wrap up the filming of 12 partner pattern dances. Carol Tortorice and I have corroborated on the selection of these dances; some are ones I’d like to introduce to the community, and some are hers. We plan to teach the 8 new ones to our respective groups, so we can ALL learn and dance them! Videos can be preordered at a discount with FREE SHIPPING at https://www.dancewithjanet.com/products-couples. We plan to roll out Patterns 1 & 2 on October 15th. They’ll be available digitally or on DVD or flash drive. Check it out!!
And here’s the DWJ schedule for the week:
SATURDAY (tonight, with RAY):
- DANCE couples & lines at the Spotted in St Charles with DJ Dave from 8 pm – midnight! Pick up a new TWO STEP move this week at 8:30, & a line dance lesson at 9:30. No cover, just great food, friends, and dancing!
SUNDAY (with Ray):
- We are going to church and filming. Please don’t call unless it’s an emergency!!
MONDAY (with Ray & Rob):
- Beginner 1 In-Person & VIRTUAL Class at 9:30 am at the Senior Center in Elgin
- UPCOMING: Beginner 1 In-Person Class at 5:30 pm with Rob at the Wheaton Community Center (register at 630.665.4710) – RETURNS 9/13
- NEW UPCOMING: Beginner Country Couples Class at 6:30 pm ($10/person, no registration needed) in the Ballet Room (2nd floor) at the Fox Valley Ice Arena BEGINS 9/13
- NEW UPCOMING: Intermediate In-Person AND VIRTUAL Class at 7:45 ($10 drop-in) following Couples class BEGINS 9/13
TUESDAY (with Ray):
- Beginner 2 In-Person Class at 10:00 am at LOVV The Dance Studio in Wheaton ($10/class drop-in; runs continuously)
- DANCE at Gambit’s (997 S. Rt 59 in Bartlett) with DJ Atlas from 7- 10 pm ($10 cover) with line dance lessons at 7:30 & 8:30
WEDNESDAY (just me!):
- Beginner 1 In-Person Class at 6:15 pm at the Upper Room Dance Studio, 209 S. Hale St. in Wheaton ($10, WILL NOT MEET 9/22)
- Beginner 2 In-Person Class at 7:45 pm following Beginner 1 class ($10, WILL NOT MEET 9/22)
THURSDAY (with me & Betsy):
- Intermediate In-Person Class at 10 am at Judy’s in Aurora ($10/class drop-in; runs continuously)
- Beginner 1 In-Person Class at 6:15 pm with Betsy in Darien (NEW session started 9/9)
- INTERMEDIATE NIGHTS at Judy’s are on 9/26, 10/1, 10/29, 11/5, 11/19, 12/3, & 12/10
- Spotted Fox has CANCELLED dancing on Fridays due to staffing issues
- DANCE at the Wheaton VFW with me from 1 – 4 pm on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month through the end of 2021 (the next one is 9/19, $10 cover)
- DANCE couples & lines at the American Legion (300 E Si Johnson Ave. in Sheridan) from 2 – 5 pm on10/24, with a BBQ afterwards ($15 cover, especially for BEGINNERS)
As always, feel free to call or text me at 630-492-0401 with any questions – just not this Sunday. Thanks!!