Intermediate Classes are a bit in flux.
Virtual classes are changing, as the world is re-opening and in-person classes and dances are re-populating. I’m therefore trying to figure out how to best offer online classes. I have a new plan for April & May.
I’ll be introducing major, circuit intermediate dances which will take some time to learn. They’ll be taught for 2 weeks as the main, new dance, so everyone has a chance to really learn them – I do this already when we have class together in-person. This will result in online classes feeling like in-person classes do. Classes will look like this, for 2 consecutive weeks of Mondays (7-8:15 pm), Wednesdays (7-8:15 pm), & Thursdays (10-11:30 am, in-person):
- New Dance
- Other line dances
I’ll record the virtual class the first time a dance is taught, on a Monday. Ray will be teaching some of the Wednesday classes. If you only attend classes on Wednesdays email me at email@example.com to request a recording. One of the Wednesdays will be moved to Tuesday, to accommodate me getting a new instructor started at Bloomingdale. Virtual classes are available by the month (register at https://www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual-intermediate). Please disregard any previously sent dates if they are different; THESE are correct. So here’s the schedule for the NEW line dances for APRIL:
4/5 – Moses Roses Toeses by Amy Bailey (recorded)
4/12 – Moses Roses Toeses again
4/19 – Trespassing by Fred Whitehouse & Darren Bailey (recorded)
4/26 – Trespassing again
4/6 – Moses Roses Toeses by Amy Bailey (this week, class will be held on TUESDAY)
4/14 – Moses Roses Toeses again (RAY will teach this class)
4/21 – Trespassing by Fred Whitehouse & Darren Bailey
4/28 – Trespassing again (RAY will teach this class)
MAY’s new line dances (Do Si Do by Rachael McEnaney and Electric Church by Johanna Barnes & Rachael McEnaney) will follow the same format. Let’s see how this works!
Also, I’m leading dancing and teaching at 2 LIVE venues:
- Brauer House on Thursdays (7 – 10 but I arrive at 9) with DJ Atlas
- Spotted Fox Ale House on Saturdays (8 – close) with DJ Dave
BY THE WAY:
- I’m hosting a BRIDGE (Beginner/Intermediate) Dance THIS SUNDAY AND THE NEXT at the WHEATON VFW ($10 cover at 0N731 Papworth St. from 1-4 pm)
- COUPLES LESSONS FOLLOW WITH RAY from 4:15 – 5:15. Cost will be $8/person for the lesson only, or $5/person for the lesson if you’ve attended the dance before the lesson
- INTERMEDIATE NITES are on April 9th from 6 – 9 pm and April 30th from 5 – 8 pm