We’ve all been at that dismal place when we are sad and lonely where we don’t feel like we have any friends. Have you visited that spot in Sadville lately? We tend to do that more when we are in the middle of cultural pressure cookers like major holidays. We check our gift list, and our friend list, twice, and come up short. But are we REALLY? Because I’m willing to bet that what we see when we are down is NOT reality. I’m CERTAIN there are people in YOUR “Pink Shirt Picture”!
Shown above is the Intermediate 2 class: Rosemary & Peggy in front, & behind them L-R: Joe, Sue, Dawn, Jan, Basia, Liz, Jackie, Kelly, Courtney, & Rob (Leslie & Bonnie are not pictured). Most of you know most of them. This group has been dancing and socializing together for more years than I can count, and it all started with thinking of trying something new. They thought, “I’d like to dance, but don’t have a partner…hmm, line dancing sounds interesting; I’ll try it.” I’ve seen it happen over and over: people walk in to a class, a dance club, a bar, feeling isolated and hoping for connections. Again and again, they find it on the dance floor. There is something incredibly bonding about being in a new situation with others and collectively figuring it out – as in, learning dance after dance TOGETHER. The feeling of“WE DID IT!” is POWERFUL…and leads to lasting friendships, and LOTS of laughter!
I’m not making this up: DANCING leads to FRIENDSHIPS. BONDING with others. SHARING experiences – even other than dancing. This thing we do WORKS…it proves to us we’re not alone. When we dance, we HAVE to check our friend list twice…because it’s so long, it’s unbelievable!
That’s MY kind of list – and yours! Let’s do this!!
- ALL the Dance With Janet lessons are 25% OFF for the month of December!! Browse through all your choices online at the Dance With Janet Facebook page, eBay, Amazon, and of course www.dancewithjanet.com/
products. Happy Shopping!!
- Classes have WRAPPED for the year for Wheaton & Carol Stream and will resume the week of .
- The Hanover Park class from will not meet this Monday 12/14. Class will resume .
- I teach at Cadillac Ranch (www
.cadranch.com) on TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS. I’ll be teaching DRINKIN’ BEER, COWGIRL’S TWIST, & SLEAZY SLIDE. Doors open at 6 and we’ll start lessons & open dancing as soon as y’all get there! I’ll re-introduce COOL WHIP at and COUNTY ROAD 44, at . See you there!!
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithj
anet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new!
- Our next Warrenville dances are ( ) and CHRISTMAS DANCE from ), at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at (the Nite Country (dinner served from – 7). We’ll be playing holiday music all month along with your usual favorite songs! dance will be all lines to mostly holiday songs, and a goodie table ($5 cover includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; feel free to bring an appetizer or dessert to share).
- Christmas luncheon will be at Sweet Tomatoes following class on . St. Charles class which usually meets at the Salvation Army moves to St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 101 S. 6th Ave. in St. Charles, for class from on 12/17. Enter from the parking lot between the church & the library and go upstairs into the gym. Then in January this class moves back to the St. Charles Salvation Army but will meet on FRIDAYS from . Our
- The Dance With Janet Cruise is SOLD OUT!! Call Harlan at 630-334-4646 if you’d still like to attend. He may be able to secure a cabin for you, but it will be at the going rate.
- Email me your flight arrangements so we can co-ordinate carpooling to the airport(s), please
- Dance Lessons are now at the third price tier of $75
- Lessons & open dance schedule and other details can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/crui
- We’ll be getting together on from at Lorene’s home in Algonquin & from at Bonnie’s home in Glen Ellyn for PRE-CRUISE PARTIES; save the dates!! We’ll all head over to dance at Warrenville after the party at Bonnie’s on . PLEASE BRING AN APPETIZER OR DESSERT DISH TO PASS, if possible.
- The next DANCE WORKSHOP (aka Boot Camp) is scheduled for . I’ll be teaching line dances, and Gary will be teaching couples classes. Mark your calendars!
- Want to celebrate New Year’s Eve with me? Come on over to my Geneva home for an open house starting at on 12/31! I’d like to get to know everyone better than “Hey, how are you?” on the dance floor…and I’m not big on going out to party on NYE. So if you’d like to come to me, you are welcome! Please bring an appetizer or dessert to pass (I am NOT the world’s best cook…I burn everything).
I’ll see you on the dance floor…!