Who would’ve thought we could LINE DANCE in a parade? I never did, that’s for sure. Line dancing is done in each person’s own area on the dance floor. It never occurred to me that it could be done in a parade until Rob suggested it in 2013. We debuted at Wheaton’s Thanksgiving Parade with the Cadillac Ranch Dance Team and the DWJ mascot, Diva – it was a whopping 28 degrees. We danced lines and couples while progressing forward, and IT WORKED! Since then, I’ve revised my opinion – now, I LOVE a parade!!
If you are comfortable with beginner-level line dances and own a Dance With Janet shirt, I encourage you to join us for TWO Independence Day parades this weekend. Warrenville’s parade is on Sunday and steps out at 3 pm, and Wheaton’s is on Monday and starts at 10 am. “Call” is an hour before and we’ll go over the dances, and how to do them while moving forward, during that hour. All the info in terms of where to go is can be found at www.dancewithjanet.com/
The purple people pictured who danced in the Swedish Days Parade this past weekend (45,000 people attended!) are
L-R: Keith The Chauffeur, Jan, Karen, Sherri, Courtney, Rob, Bonnie, Pat, Lisa, and Peggy (aka Diva) with Peanut (aka Faith) the pup
Please take a look at the Dance Details below to make sure you stay in the loop with all the things going on. I wish you a healthy, happy Fourth of July celebration this weekend!
- DATE CHANGES: We’ll only be dancing on the 2nd and 4th Fridays at the West Chicago VFW 6791 through the end of August, effective immediately. We will not dance on July 1st – HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! We resume July 8th. We have a floor for line dancing and a separate floor for couples at this hall. If anyone would like to show up early to help take down tables, that would be much appreciated! Pizzas are available for $5.50 – $6.50.
- Every 1st & 3rd Tuesday we’ll dance at the Wheaton VFW Post 2164. The vets are offering hot dogs & chips for $2 as well as $8 pizzas
- Every 2nd & 4th Tuesday we’ll dance at the Elgin VFW Post 1307. Yes, this is the hall where DJ Dave hosts his dances
- SALE!! ALL DVD’s are 25% off through the end of August at any dances I host. Yes, I accept credit cards!
- Our next Warrenville Dances are SATURDAY, July 16th (7-10 pm, our only Saturday dance in Warrenville in July) & SUNDAY, July 10th & 24th (6-9 pm) at the Warrenville Community Building, 3S240 Warren Ave. Saturday’s Dance includes 2 line dance lessons, at 7:30 & 8:30; you’re welcome to bring snacks ($5 cover). Dance alternating sets of Couples and Lines at Sunday Nite Country following the format of the former Sunday Stampede on the 12th (dance, dinner, & beverage for $10; dinner served from 5:30 – 7). Boot Camp in July has been cancelled; the next Boot Camp will be August 14th. No outside beverages; please support the Park District by purchasing water or pop for $1 each
- Upcoming Performances THIS WEEKEND, Sunday and Monday!! Dates are: Warrenville Independence Day Parade 7/3, Wheaton Independence Day Parade 7/4, Turtle Splash Pool in West Chicago 7/9, Septemberfest Parade in Schaumburg 9/5, & Art On The Prairie in Warrenville 9/18 (see www.dancewithjanet.com/calendar for exact locations, times, and song lists). Wear your DWJ shirt and blue denim bottoms, and LET’S DANCE for all the world to see!
- The Cadillac Ranch and Warrenville tabs on my website have been absorbed into our new best friend, the Upcoming Events tab. Videos & Step Sheets of dances I’ve taught at ALL dances (Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays) are there. If you missed a dance and want to know what was taught, visit www.dancewithjanet.com/calendar and go to the exact dance event. I list what I taught there.
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the THOUSANDS who have? We are fast approaching 10,000 “LIKES”; come join the party!!! Pop on over to www.facebook.com/dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- The Carol Stream Thursday Beginner 1 class on 6/23 was cancelled; please make up the class at any other class I teach (preferably the Monday Beginner 1 class at 5:30 in Wheaton).
- Warrenville’s Tuesday Beginner 1 class will resume 7/5.
- Hanover Park’s Monday class will meet at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin, on 7/11
- ALL Wheaton Wednesday evening
classes (Beginner 2, Intermediate 1, and Intermediate 2) are cancelled for 7/13; please make up the class at any other class I teach
- This Friday’s St. Charles class will dance on my deck. Fans are prepped for you; see you tomorrow!
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until 11/20/16. Published rates are for two people per cabin; if you need a roommate, please let me know and I’ll match you up with someone FABULOUS within the dance community, as quite a few people are traveling alone. Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/cruise2017
See you on the dance floor!