Since I’m home more nowadays (like, I’m home more always), I find myself reaching for the cheese and chocolate more. Like I need that like I need a hole in my head. I realize I’m not dancing as much as I used to, so my indulgent habits are starting to show all over! Anyone else have the same struggle?
So as much as I would rather dance with you in person – and I will, again – I’m willing to dance from my kitchen for and with you during these days of quarantine. Otherwise I’ll be 500 pounds before I know it. A lot of you who’ve been dancing with me regularly before this COVID-19 thing hit have swung over to this virtual platform. But what about those of you who are just starting to line dance? It’s the perfect activity to do at home alone, as there’s no physical contact needed, even when you dance with a room full of people. About 100 people were taking classes for Brand New (“Baby”) Line Dancers, and classes were abruptly interrupted.
I recorded that interrupted 6-week program (Session 1) into a condensed, 3-hour course. The Dance With Janet Beginner 1 curriculum is SIX sessions of six weeks of classes. If you’d like to continue the classes which you began, or finally start learning how to line dance (and getting some EXERCISE), order the Beginner 1 Session 1 set of online classes today!! I’ll film the other five sessions during this season of quarantine. The in-person class would run you $50 ish; online it’s only $24. Find it here: https://www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual.
The Next 3 Days’ Schedule:
>>> Thursday 4/9 (Beginner 2/Improver Class) from 7:00 – 8:30 pm CST, $8
- Dance For You Jesus by Lynn Card (warm up)
- BONAPARTE’S RETREAT by Maddison Glover (NEW DANCE)
- Half Past Tipsy by Maddison Glover & Rachael McEnaney (reviewed)
- Tragedy by Lynn Card (reviewed)
- Good Time by Jenny Cain (reviewed)
- County Line Cha Cha by Unknown (reviewed)
- Brown Chicken Brown Cow by Ed Royko (reviewed)
- A Little Less Traveled by Lynn Card (reviewed)
>>> Touch Base TOMORROW, Friday 4/10/2020, from 11:00 – 11:45 am CST in a password-protected Zoom Meeting:
>>> Saturday 4/11 (Blended Levels Line Dancing) from 7:00 – 9:00 pm CST, All dances run through once, NO CHARGE (registration is still required)
CHANGED TO SATURDAY BECAUSE I PREFER NOT TO DANCE ON GOOD FRIDAY
THEME: TRIBUTE TO CHOREOGRAPHERS LYNN CARD & ROB HOLLEY
- A Little Less Traveled by Lynn Card
- Can’t Blame It On The Booze by Rob Holley
- Honey, I’m Good by Lynn Card
- Get Drunk, Get Loud by Rob Holley
- Night Shift by Lynn Card
- New Tattoo by Rob Holley
- You’re Beautiful by Lynn Card
- River Bank by Lynn Card
- Bumpin Tailgates by Rob Holley
- Can’t Stop the Dance by Lynn Card
- Got Me Rollin’ by Rob Holley
- Granddaddy Long Legs by Lynn Card
- Take It From Me by Lynn Card AND Rob Holley
- My T-Shirt by Lynn Card
- What Makes You Country by Rob Holley
- Tragedy by Lynn Card
- I’m On A Roll by Rob Holley
- September Trolls by Lynn Card
- Speed of Love by Rob Holley
- Shut Up & Dance by Lynn Card
- I Can Do This All Day by Rob Holley
- Drink My Way Out by Lynn Card
- VHS by Rob Holley & Lynne Martino
- Banjo by Lynn Card
- I’m Comin’ In Hot by Lynn Card
- Dance For You Jesus by Lynn Card
>>> Thirty at Three on Saturday 4/11 (Baby Dances on a Facebook LIVE) from within the DWJ FRIENDS FB Group. Not a member? Search for it and ask to join!!
Remember to register at https://www.dancewithjanet.com/virtual by 5 pm CST the day of the event. So HURRY if you want to jump into tonight’s Beginner 2 class!
Talk with you SOON!