In April, one of my dancers (Nancy) recently received the worst news a parent could possibly hear: The cause of her only child's pain was an aggressive form of incurable cancer. To say she was devastated is the understatement of her life.
I and everyone who knows Nancy have been praying for her daughter Becca's healing, who will turn a mere 21 on October 27th. However, the situation looks far from hopeful. Treatment has been discontinued as it is no longer effective and the side effects are unbearable. Becca remains positive, and her family has rallied around her…but they are looking to take her everywhere she's ever wanted to go. To that end, they have established a "Go Fund Me" page to help out with expenses. Becca's heart's desires are not to got to Europe, but Medieval Times and Brookfield Zoo, but she needs a specialized van to go to accommodate the wheelchair in which she now sits. Would you help? Over $17,000 has been raised in the 3 days the link has been live. The goal is $50,000. Please click on the link above to contribute. The family is cherishing the time they have together.
I wish I could say why these bad things happen to good people, but I can't. I don't have all the answers; no one does. We live in a sinful, fallen world, and despite our prayers, God is allowing this to happen. I wish He wouldn't…we all share that wish. Life can really stink sometimes, and when life is unfair like this, we grasp at straws to understand why it's happening. We try in vain to comfort ourselves. And still…horrible, terrible, awful things like this occur. It's no one's fault, and yes, God COULD step in and heal Becca like He healed the blind man (Mark 8:22-25). So far, He hasn't. No one knows if He will.
Please join me in supporting Becca and her family, and praying for her healing and their comfort.
If you'd like to dance TONIGHT, I'll see you at the Geneva American Legion Post 75.
- You’ve heard about our new dance venue at KINFORK BBQ in Woodfield Mall? We’ll dance at Kinfork on the third Sunday of the month, starting THIS SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18th. Visit the Upcoming Events for a full list of dance venues
- The next Warrenville Line Dance Workshop is SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13th, from 3 – 5:15
- Have you “LIKED” my Dance With Janet Facebook page, along with the OVER 13,000 fans who have? Pop on over to www.facebook.com/ dancewithjanet and click the “LIKE” button to keep up on what’s new! All the photos from dances are posted to my Facebook page, as well as the PHOTOS tab of my website
- CLASS CHANGES:
- A BRAND NEW BEGINNER DROP-IN CLASS continues 9/27 on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, preceding the Elgin dance. Class will run from 4:30 – 5:45 at the Izaak Walton Center, 899 Jay Street in Elgin ($7)
- I’ll be teaching a difficult intermediate line dance lesson BEFORE the dances on Tuesdays from now on for an extra $3. I’ll teach AMERICAN POP at the Wheaton VFW on 9/20 & the Elgin VFW on 9/27, and the next two Tuesdays after that I’ll teach DEVIL IN ME
- Need an INTERMEDIATE 1 class? I teach a drop-in one at the Wheaton VFW preceding the Thursday dance from 5:30 – 6:45 ($7)
- AND…The 3rd Annual Dance With Janet CRUISE is preparing to sail! ALL fees paid are fully refundable until 11/20/16; book before 10/10 to take advantage of the group rate, which can’t be matched ANYWHERE. Published rates are for two people per cabin; if you need a roommate, please let me know and I’ll match you up with someone FABULOUS within the dance community, as quite a few people are traveling alone. Get the full scoop at www.dancewithjanet.com/ cruise2017